Controls Design Engineer Level I
The position requires the individual to apply their technical knowledge and any prior experience for the production of controls project design, material selection, and development of a sequence of operation for lower level projects. Also, this position will be responsible for the production of closeout documents at the completion of each project. A proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems and engineering design tools (e.g., AutoCAD, VISIO, EDS) is required. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project. This role will also be responsible at times for software design tasks to allow for continued exposure and development in more sophisticated and larger system applications. Some travel and job site visits may be required.
- Production of controls systems design drawings, the sequence of operations and submittals for lower level control systems while supporting Senior Level Design Engineers for mid-level control systems.
- Research and select control system peripherals.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and project specifications.
- Collaborate with other members of the project team to identify additional options for the customer (e.g., Energy Efficiency, Equipment Interface, Value Engineering).
- Perform modification of previously produced controls designs to reflect field changes made during the implementation process (As-Builts)
- Generate Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a project.
- Ability to manage time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager or higher-level Design Engineer.
- Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
- Communicates effectively to submit a daily and weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
- Manages weekly time allocations for multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual’s time sheet.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
- Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans.
- Participates in the ongoing development program with other entry level engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
- Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD, VISIO. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
- Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by leadership.